Meredith Historical Society is an all volunteer organization and we invite you to join us. Opportunities exist to work on our committees or to work independently.
Things you can do independently include:
- Transcribe old handwritten documents.
- Participate in historical research.
- Present a program of historical nature.
- Take census of some of Meredith’s cemeteries and update our records.
Committees you could work on include:
- Program Committee. Responsible for arranging and scheduling programs and events.
- Historic Site Committee. Responsible for carrying out projects to mark, restore, preserve or otherwise commemorate historic sites.
- Exhibit Committee. Responsible for planning and preparing exhibits based on our collection.
- Collection Committee. Responsible for collecting, cataloging, and preserving historic material.
- Newsletter. Writing and publishing our newsletter.
Please contact us to let us know how you would like to volunteer your talents and experience.