A large safe that was in Bisbee's General Store from 1928 until 1976 when Ruez Bisbee was the town clerk was moved to the new town hall in 1976 before Bisbee's store burned. The safe reportedly weighs about 3,000 pounds and has "Town of Meredith" painted [...]
In June 2017, Meredith Historical Society installed a New York State historical marker at Meredith Square commemorating Samuel A. Law's founding the town of Meredith in 1800. The marker was installed at the site of the mansion Law built circa 1801. The mansion burned [...]
Meredith Historical Society recently published a new book, "Meredith's Dairy Barns: Past and Present." The purpose of this book is to preserve a historical record of Meredith's remaining dairy barns and many that are now gone. It includes pictures and histories of 119 barns. This 164-page book with 300 illustrations, which is printed in color, is now available for $25.
The congregation of the Charlotte Valley Presbyterian Church has donated their church building in East Meredith to Meredith Historical Society. Thus, the society, which is very grateful for the gift, now has a spacious permanent home.
Bristol Tavern in West Meredith hazen
by Frank M. Waterman Francis W. Ayer, a self-made millionaire, founded Meridale Farms in 1888 where he began to improve the Jersey breed of cattle, a hobby that blossomed into a business empire operated under the [...]