Individuals aid us by donating items of historical interest throughout the year. Read more about the items that were donated to Meredith Historical Society in 2011.
This photograph was taken in 1918 or 1920. The children of Urion Todd are shown and include Clara 15, Edna 13, Everette 10, Symore 9, and Laura 7. The others are unknown. This photograph was donated in memory of Ellen Selleck.
This donation is a bell from the District 8 schoolhouse on Peaks Brook that the teacher would have used to call the students in from recess.
View of Kortright Street in East Meredith circa 1915.
This donation consists of numerous photographs of Homer Benedict including his 105th birthday party (shown above) and many of his wood carvings.
This donation consists of two bottles and two medicine shipping containers addressed to Dr. Gardner in Meridale. These artifacts were found in the building where he had his office, which was the building where Joe Santora had his barber shop. Image Caption Image Caption
This donation is a wooden sled with team and driver carved by Homer Benedict. Image Caption
This donation consists of 51 photographs of East Meredith and several documents, which include the 1st edition of The East Meredith Gazette, an early edition of The Colliersville Enterprise, and a booklet, East Meredith Memories. Empire Creamery Empire Creamery Workers